(Feb. 13) Philadelphia, PA – PennFuture, in collaboration with Clean Air Council and PennEnvironment, will host clean energy and public health leaders from the Philadelphia-area to highlight the latest resources, research, training, and progress that citizens can draw upon to move toward a future that relies on clean energy and energy efficiency technologies during an upcoming discussion.
In addition to discussing the clean energy resources and jobs now available to local residents, the speakers will also address the need to find solutions for existing social inequality around access to those resources. The press conference, to be held at 11:30 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 20 at the Community College of Philadelphia, will include speakers from nonprofit organizations, private groups, educational institutions, and city government, each working to build social equity while addressing climate change.
As the state seeks progress in growing the number of clean energy jobs available to all citizens, the speakers’ work has included managing solar and energy efficiency training programs in Philadelphia, which are intended to provide opportunities for well-paying jobs in low-income neighborhoods. Speakers will address how clean energy is helping homeowners save money on their utility bills, reducing carbon emissions and air pollution, effectively improving public health, and building the economy.
WHAT: “The Path to Equitable Climate Solutions: Evolving Energy Policy and Strategies”
- Joseph Minott, Executive Director, Clean Air Council
- Gary Bixby, Director of Facilities, Planning and Construction Management, Community College of Philadelphia
- Dr. Ruth McDermott-Levy, Associate Professor and Director, Center for Global and Public Health, Villanova University
- Christine Knapp, Director, Office of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
- Steve Luxton, Executive Director, Energy Coordinating Agency
- Jeff Colter, Field Supervisor of Weatherization, Energy Coordinating Agency
- Jessica Ennis, Legislative Director, Climate & Energy, Earthjustice
WHEN: Tuesday, February 20 at 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Community College of Philadelphia, Center for Business and Industry, Room C2-28, 1700 Spring Garden St, Philadelphia, PA 19130
RSVP: Please RSVP to PennFuture Director of Communications, Stephanie Rex at email@example.com.
PennFuture is leading the transition to a clean energy economy in Pennsylvania, fighting big polluters with legal muscle, enforcing environmental laws, and supporting legislative policy that protects public health. PennFuture is engaging and educating citizens about the realities of climate change, and giving them the tools needed to influence lawmakers on the issues. Visit www.pennfuture.org for more information.